1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

[what Time Does Ur Day Start?]

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Hometown Lawn Care, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Hometown Lawn Care

Hometown Lawn Care LawnSite Member

How early is too early..... its givin that the end of a day is at sunset, but is sunrise toooooo early to begin to call customers and work??

2. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

This is my first year in business for myself, I plan to start no earlier than 8am. When I worked with a friend on and off the past 5 years, we would start at 7:30am which I thought was a little early. 7am is probably good enough for commercial accounts as long as they are not in residential areas.

3. Evermow

Evermow LawnSite Member

I used to do LC for a local Cable TV company, and they preferred that I do it early in the morning. Here in Athens, GA., they have just implemented a new ordinance that says you can only run mowers, blowers, trimmers, or the like between 7AM-7PM, which to me sound fine. If anything, I think there should be an ordinance that states you can't run equipment within a set distance from a church during Sunday service. I live in the Historic District of Colbert, a suburb of Athens, and there a two churches that I can see from my house, and I never mow during Sunday service. Just somthing to think about.:blob3:

4. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I wake up and get ready at around 5:30. It gives me time to wake up, read the news on the internet watch the local morning news and get my equipment ready. I am usually at the first client by 8:00 am.

5. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

we start mowing at 8am.

we picked up 3 high end residential clients last season because their previous company was mowing on Sunday.

6. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

I'm up at 7:00 every morning. I start at 9:00. Once the summer starts getting hotter we will start earlier, then take a couple hours off during the hot part of the day, then work later in the evening.
    I wouldn't start before 8:00 on any job that requires you to make noise!