What tires

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Cuttinitclose, Oct 19, 2009.

?

What Tire

1. Cooper Discoverer St

9 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2

17 vote(s)
    37.8%
  3. Off-Brand Mudstars

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  4. Other (Please name)

17 vote(s)
    37.8%
  1. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I'm looking at Firestone Destination M/T's

2. 360ci

360ci LawnSite Senior Member

I concur. BFG's for me have lasted the longest out of all tires I've had previously on several vehicles. Goodyear A/S and A/T tires were the worst I've ever owned. They wore OK, but traction in anything but dry weather sucked. From your choice list I'd choose the Revo 2's. I had them on a previous plow truck I owned and the tires performed great.

3. morgaj1

morgaj1 LawnSite Senior Member

I just put a set of Cooper Discoverer ST's on my truck. Only 5,000 miles so far, but I love them.

4. Cuttinitclose

Cuttinitclose LawnSite Bronze Member

FYI guys I got some Firestone Destinations AT. I like them so far. (Only 50 mi)

5. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

ive got some general grabber AT 2 for my 250. overall a great tire, excellent traction in deep snow and wet roads!

6. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

I've got Goodyear ATs on my 1500 and have gotten great traction with them, and I play in the mud quite a bit. Got 35,000 miles on them too and they're wearing down but I should be able to get another 5,000 out of them.

I like the BF Goodrich ATs quite a bit, however I've got Bridgestone Dueler ATs on my 2500 and they're wearing down FAST! 10,000 miles on them now, prolly only get another 7000 or 8000. Those are load E too

7. vanncann

vanncann LawnSite Senior Member

Got Goodyear Wrangler Pro Grade load range E on right now with no problems at all. Tried the Cooper last time I bought tire and they were the worst ever came with a 50,000 mile warranty and barely made it to 23,000 (had to rotate every 2 to 3,000 mile because to the bad ride) and Cooper wouldn't do a thing!!!

8. plc87

plc87 LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I will always be a bridgestone guy since my father has worked for them for the past 26 years and gets awesome discounts. So in my opinion all the other guys are the bad guys!!!!! :) Now putting that aside, i've always run bridgestone tires and loved them. I'm sure some tires are comparable but the price that my dad gets bridgestone tires for me (about 50% off) can't be beat! Going on 25k on my dueler revos and still have about that many left if i'm guessing correctly...

9. Maxify55

Maxify55 LawnSite Member

Michelin ATX LT265/75R16E

Previous set was Revo's
    Nice tire, good tread life but noisy
    towards the end.

10. AJKraig

AJKraig LawnSite Member

285/75/16 procomp mud t's. im on my second set on my duramax and the first set i got 70,000 miles on them while seld pulling and towing. great tires. although rubber went up 15% this year.