1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What to add with mowing and mulching

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeff_0, Feb 16, 2004.

1. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

I just started my business 2 years ago. last year I grossed about 30k. I just at the end of the year bougth a spray tank. Yes i have my pesticide license. I wanted to know what else is profitable and in demain for out there in the field that i can do to make more money from. I'm still working a full time job, but would like to quit it buy next sping. Also what is making your biggest profit. For those out there making one...

2. PLI1

PLI1 LawnSite Senior Member

Landscape Installations!!!!! by far #1 for me. Also aerating, power raking, slit seeding, overseeding and fertilizing are also decent $ makers.

3. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Landscape Instals is where the money is

4. MARYLANDMOWER

MARYLANDMOWER LawnSite Member

Tree Work.....Snow Removal

5. rogerslawn

rogerslawn LawnSite Member

Landscape installs,Mulch,Aeration, Slit seed,Fert.

6. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

In addition to mowing and mulch, I do seeding, aeration, fertilization, leaf removal, snow removal, lawn renovations.
    What part of Maryland are you located? I'm in Salisbury.

7. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

I'm in laplata, but most of my work is done in waldorf.

8. DJL

DJL LawnSite Member

You could always try a market survey. This could be something as simple as speaking with your customers explaining you are expanding your business and wanted their input. Just a suggestion.