1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what to buy! choices choices choices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheLawnRanger, Jun 8, 2000.

1. TheLawnRanger

TheLawnRanger LawnSite Member

hi im in minnesota<br>we have lesco,exmark,scag,buton,bobcat,walker<br>toro,dixon,wright,black rock,ect ect.<br>WHAT TO BUY?????????<br>i know i want.........<br>a kawasaki engine!!!!(the twin-v 15)<br>i have been looking at wb. 36&quot; and 48&quot;<br>hydo /non hydo<br>the hydo i have a hard time stopping the ripping of the grass on turns!<br>the belt i have to muscle it!!!!!!<br>i put it in net. and pull it so it dosent rip the grass and tire lock!!! maybe ill get lucky and get some coner lots and use the street to turn around in.or may be ill get used to it and learn how to work it! i found a lesco 48&quot; belt v-twin15hp (new) 4 $2499<br>im looking to buy new if possible but will by slighty use one! i got 3,000 to spend.<br>im cutting 20 lawns with a 21&quot; lawnboy it takes about 15 hrs a week to do those:(!<br>a 48&quot; would take about 5 hrs LOL<br>so i could take more peolpe on i decline work right now! but hope to buy something soon! ty 4 your input! gl2ua
  2. Bush Master

Bush Master LawnSite Member

Well if your going to buy new it kinda limites ypour choises.<p>Look at a mid size belts drive 36&quot;<br>dose a good job will fit through most gates <br>and for those tight gates you lossen one hinge and slip it in.<br>opion...... test a torowith a sfs deck, very versitile. and won't kill your hands by the end of the day like those gorrilla grips/ouch<br>easy to work on and parts are fair. good luck
  3. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

A hint for your turf tearing tires-<br>when you make a turn around to make another pass, the wheel that sits still & pivots should rotate backwards enough to keep it moving; that will help out alot. In my case I have ATV tires on my ZTR (ATV on ZTR-ha ha)& I really gotta keep em moving. Good luck<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>
  4. greensuccess

greensuccess LawnSite Member

LawnRanger- I just want to say Hi. We are a new finance co for the green industry and I think you do our building. - Appletree Square? We see your trucks all the time and enjoy watching you work :). Would you be interested in serving in an advisory role for us? If so we'll give you a call.
  5. scottlawns

scottlawns Guest

i was just courious why you use the name LawnRanger...in eden prarie there is already a huge lawn company called the lawn ranger and im sure if you try to get that name for your buiseness you will find out,personally i dont care what name you use but i think alot of people are thinking you are someone else.<br>goodluck.<p>scottlawns
  6. TheLawnRanger

TheLawnRanger LawnSite Member

im marks maintenance for my lawns.<br>in here in the fourm im lawn ranger i got<br>those shirts.i died when i saw them i bought them all 20 or so LOL. sry for the confustion! im marks maintenance verybody sry<p>still dont know what to buy! but maybe a lesco 48&quot;belt 15 kaw.2499<br>i like the wright stander! does anyone else?<br>but i cant afford one:(<br>i very small but looking expanded!! gl2ua.
  7. scottlawns

scottlawns Guest

u should just pick up a used 48in out of the paper and save your money and pick upa greatdane,with my dane i can do 15 yards aday easy and still be home by 4:00 just my thought,but demo one you may love it.<br>good luck...and if you see a used 36in around MN let me know.<p>thanks scottlawns