what to buy for first z

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by RaiderMac, Nov 18, 2006.

1. RaiderMac

RaiderMac LawnSite Member

Need help!

I am trying to decide between a walker ghs 26 hp 48" or a Hustler Z with a bac-vac . I need something for leaves in the fall. Give me your opinion please. I want the best all around machine if you can only have one.

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Get a 10 horsepower pushblower, z's are made for grass cutting.

3. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Say it again,are you talking with a bagger or to blow leaves.

4. RaiderMac

RaiderMac LawnSite Member

I need a mower 1st ad foremost, but I want to also bag in the fall. Which mower/bagger combo will be the best all around machine to mow with and also give me the ability to bag leaves in the fall?

5. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Never bagged ,next.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

No mower is made to do everything but the Walker will be a fine mower. Keep in mind that they make three different decks one for sidedischarge, one for bagging, and one for mulching and each deck cost around $1800. So you can decide how good a job you need to do and buy the appropriate deck. The decks can be easily taken on/off. Seems like very expensive way to care for a yard.....I would get a ZTR machine and block the outlet in fall and mulch the leaves.

7. Grass Kickin

Grass Kickin LawnSite Member

The Hustler is a great machine. I've used a couple of brands and didn't have the confidence in them that I do in Hustler. I have a 52 Z and a 60" Super Z.

8. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

If you're only going to have one mower, I'd go with the walker. They're very versatile. You can buy different size decks 36" to 48" for the GHS. The small deck will allow you to get into most backyards and the 48" deck is big enough to knock out the bigger jobs pretty quick. If you don't want to bag, you can buy the deflector for the hopper that allows the clipping to shoot out the back and be evenly dispersed on the lawn. They're slow compared to a Hustler, but the bagging system can't be beat. Don't forget about all the attachments you can get for the walker. What other mower do you know about that can double as a snow plow, snow blower, or aerator among other things. Get a walker...you won't regret it.

9. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Standers Are My first Choice, and now they Have Floating Decks:clapping:

10. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

look around go to dealers also do searches on mowers you are interested in. i will probably be getting a 2006 high performance 50" 27 hp dixie chopper this winter.