What to buy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EvenYourOdds, Apr 4, 2005.

1. EvenYourOdds

EvenYourOdds LawnSite Member

Sorry if this is the wrong forum.....

Lawn mower was stolen at the end of last summer. I had a Craftsman DLT2000 48" deck. I have roughly 2 acres to mow and want to keep the price of a new one around $2000 or less.

I have no clue when it comes to lawnmowers and what brand is good and which isn't. Can someone lead me in the right direction? Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

2. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry, but you arent going to get a big commercial mower for only $2000 with that you could buy a 36" walkbehind maybe.

3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

You'll have a hard time finding a new commercial mower with that size deck for $2000. You may be able to find a decent used mower in that price range. Your best best is probably buying another Craftsman or something of that nature.

4. EvenYourOdds

EvenYourOdds LawnSite Member

Sears has a 54" Craftsman for about $2000
    Just wasn't sure if there was something better

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Home Depot is another place to get units at about the price you want. I think they may even have a John Deere at that price.

6. caz1

caz1 LawnSite Member

Check in at your local toro dealer I think they have a nice home owners Z turn for less then $2000.00

7. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

i would check out john deer , out of all the homeowners i see cutting estate size lawns they seem to cut the best

8. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I just had my Gpa buy a Husky 1542xp lawn tractor. He still wants to cut his lawn and doesn't want a Z as much as I tried to get him to get. It was 1999.00 with bagger. Nice little machine for a LT. Has the Kawi commercial 15hp engine.
    Hydrostatic drive.
    Now I would recomend a good used commercial mower for that price but if you have a LT in mind I would check out the Husky mower.

9. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've gotta Craftsman DLT2000 for sale!!!!! Want another????

10. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest