What to buy?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by tbambersvc, Sep 5, 2006.

1. tbambersvc

tbambersvc LawnSite Member

I need some advice on what to buy for next season. I have a plowing business and would like to add lawn service to my customers. I don't want to get too big because I already have a steady job. The lawn service would be just a way to make extra money after school hours and then do it full time in the summer. I won't do designs or anything, just cut grass and clean up leaves in the fall.

Now that I laid out my goals, what kind of equipment should I buy? I need to buy a commercial mower, but what are good ones to look at and others to walk away from? I am probably buying a trailer within a week or so and I know I need to buy an edger and blower. Do I need anything else?

Sorry for the long post, but I figured I should be thorough in order to get accurate responses. Thank you in advance.

2. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Well you could start with what I have STILL FS. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'll sell you both Echos & blower for $500; you'll save an easy $350.

3. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Double post..........

4. tbambersvc

tbambersvc LawnSite Member

Can you send me those pics again? PM me if you don't have my e-mail address still.