1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What to buy?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by crs, Jan 17, 2002.

1. crs

crs LawnSite Member

I am planning to more landscaping next year and am considering purchasing a skid steer or utility tractor. I have read the many threads that cover this debate and decided to post a thread with a different twist. I have used the mini-skid steers (dingo, kanga etc.) and they do a good job for me but it would be a plus to use the machine for aerating and as a back up mower. I mainly do residential work and many times have to work in the back yard without tearing everything up getting there. The main attachments I think I would use are the bucket, auger, trencher and blade. After looking at the products available I have become interested in a Steiner or Powertrac. Does any one own these machines and if so how doe they compare with a small skid steer or utility tractor?

Thanks for the input!
  2. crs

crs LawnSite Member

Does any one have an oppinion on this?
  3. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

If you read every thing said here then you would know skid loader or compact tractor
  4. micromike

micromike LawnSite Member
    from SW/PA