what to buy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EVAN T, Feb 27, 2002.

1. EVAN T

EVAN T LawnSite Member

Hello i am trying to start up my own business. i currently work full time and want to start my own lawn care. i had about six accounts last year two of them were commercial accounts. i currently own a 42" troybuilt lawn tractor but want to buy some thing that will cover more turf. i have been looking at a scag 52" with a sulky. but do not know if this is the best move to make. so early in the game. my goal is to get a mower and pay it off and quit my full time job and devote my time to lawn care. any suggestion are greatly appreciated.

2. RoewMow

RoewMow LawnSite Member

Pick two or three mowers to shop from and demo them. We have been through this just in the last month. Our dealer sells both Scag and Exmark and he personally recommended the Exmark. Alot less of them in his shop. BTW he also sells Cub Cadet "Commercial Mowers" and just walked right by them when he was talking to us. If you are equally happy with 2 different mowers look at dealer support next.

Just my honest opinion. Also try a search because as the factory reps have even told us each manufacturer makes a good machine, sometimes it boils down to personal preference.