1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

what to buy???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joef450snowplow, Oct 1, 2010.

1. joef450snowplow

joef450snowplow LawnSite Senior Member

i don't know what to buy redmax, echo ,husqvarna or sthil blowers i have a husq and its ok i hear good things about sthil and echos new blower but every landscaper iv ever talked to always said get redmax but over the summer i herd that alot of guys were having problems with redmax , echo and sthil are around the same price range and so are redmax and husq. What do you guys think i should buy?:confused::confused:

2. joef450snowplow

?????????????????

3. eaglescout1993

eaglescout1993 LawnSite Member

you either love or hate a brand, i hate redmax when i use to work for a guy, i never had the exposure to echo and tanaka so i never tried those as for husq there is no commercial dealer near my house. I went with sthil and have had no complaints i would so go big the first time because you will love the power. I mean get the BR600 blower and nothing smaller than a 130trimer/edger. Go sthil if you have a dealer close to you they are always willing to help no mater what

4. The LawnRanger

The LawnRanger LawnSite Member

I use nothing but echo never had one problem with them stihl is also very good

5. joef450snowplow

the only thing is with sthil and the new echo blower i dont like how they dont have the commercial air filter like redmax and husq have and i also never had a sthil n the ace around the block from me sells them and they are pretty light

6. joef450snowplow

same my trimmers are echo n i like them but there real heavy when compared to a redmax

7. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

I bought my echo pb403t blower and srm210 trimmer in home depot in 2002. What do you think my primary blower is today? My echo. I only replaced my trimmer with a redmax because it was the lightest I had ever held and still had plenty of power for $250. (I will buy another one of these next year) I also plan on buying a redmax blower (8000 or whatever) So my echo stuff can finally become backups.

Here is the voice of reason: Have NO SHAME in walking into home depot and buying their heftiest blower. I promise you some guys in here blinded by ignorance will say it's not commercial because it's in Home Depot. Echo's blowers have only gotten better over the years. I bought mine in Home Depot and look at it now. The only reason it won't start first pull is because I can't close the choke quick enough!

If you buy the echo grab the one with the throttle seperate from the blower tube. You will not be disapointed my friend let us know what you decide to do. All the brands you listed are ok but I would not buy Husqvarna blower (my friend owns one. My echo from 2002 has more power than their newest one, and his husqvarna sounds like metal scraping metal on the inside at full blast) took it in they said that's the way it's suppose to sound :D

8. Southern Pride

from Memphis

You're prob like me and like your trimmers light as a feather. Power is no concern for me at all for trimmers on residential accounts. I don't understand how or why you would ever need any more power? Anyway, next season if you want a perfect trimmer that's light as a feather and great price ($250) grab the Redmax TR2350S. You will find out quick your employees will LOVE these trimmers. Mines great and I want another one next season. My echo still runs good but a little too heavy, I dunno what to do with it maybe just save it If I ever have to weedeat a 5ft. tall field or something, I dunno. I have it on my trimmer rack but I grab the redmax everytime it's so light and simple.

9. joef450snowplow

yea thats what my husq sounds like n i was like that can be good n if i get the echo it would be the brand new one and if i get the redmax its going to be the 8050L

10. Southern Pride

from Memphis

Ohh I see well either way, the Echo and especially the Redmax will not leave you wishing you bought something else. I would suggest Redmax, due to raw power, but Echo is a close second with excellent reliability. Redmax is reliable as heck too. Just be prepared to drop $4-500. Well worth every penny.