1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What to carry on open trailer and how?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by TierOneLawnCare, Jul 29, 2006.

1. TierOneLawnCare

TierOneLawnCare LawnSite Member

I just purchased a 6x12 open trailer, I will be towing my new Craftsman Lawn Tractor (Yes I know) 42" cut 20hp, 1 Trimmer rack with 2 spots, and a blower.....What else do I need? I was thinking a trash can (how do you tie it down?) maybe 2 5gal gas cans (again how do you tie them down?) anything else I need? I will be mowing 1 day a week......thanks for the info
  2. Mrk'sLawn

Mrk'sLawn LawnSite Member

I always take a broom, flat shovel, trash can, rake. I guess it all depends on what your doing that day. Good question though.
  3. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

2 Gal mixed fuel gas can
    Tire repair kit
    Small portable air tank
    Shovel, rake, bypass pruners
    Tools(basic tools)
    Extra trimmer line
    Tie everything down with bungee cords
  4. GardnerLandscaping

GardnerLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i had the same curiousity too. another person suggested straps which would work after suggesting business cards were for noobs.

welding plates to the trailer to bolt a square in the corner for it slide into might be more convenient. probably could rig up something to hold mowers in place if really motivated without having to strap, such as a wheel stops that could be lowered and raised. i'd weld plates to bolt so that it could removed for other formats.
  5. GardnerLandscaping

hey, bungie cord was just convenient for trying down in the suv. i've already worked it over though to where everything has a place and stays put.
  6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

What he said plus, spare tire, 2 cycle oil, sprayer, water, roundup, blower, extra fuel, blades. Nothin worse than a tire blowing out with no repair shop. Which ever items you think you will need in the group.
  7. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Heres our 6 by 12 trailer contents:

52" bobcat ZTR
    32" bobcat walkbehind
    21" 7hp craftsman
    2 X 10L gas cans, 1 mix one regular.
    Greentouch open line trimmer rack with 3 spaces
    Greentouch handtool rack 6 spaces
    All basic handtools
    Backpack blower

8. GardnerLandscaping

what he said plus the license to carry the roundup.
  9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

What are you pulling all of this with??
  10. TierOneLawnCare

TierOneLawnCare LawnSite Member

98 s10, 2.2l 4cyl yeah on the gas saver!