1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what to charge for 4 acres

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jarroo's lawncare, Feb 24, 2005.

1. jarroo's lawncare

jarroo's lawncare LawnSite Member

what would you guys charge to mow a 4 acre field with minimal trimming.
  2. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I asked the same question in the last 10 days. Do a search for it. I had a ton of responses.
  3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

"field" - ok what is the condition of this field? Is it rough? Is it overgrown?

If you mean just a large open area of grass, not real rough, and not overgrown, then I would charge around $170, and my 2 man crew would get it done in an hour.

1 52" Z - 3 acres/hr
    1 52" hydro w/b w/sulky - will mow 2 acres/hr, but only needs to mow for 1/2 hr to get the remaining 1 acre done, so it leaves 30 minutes for trimming and blowing.

Just my two cents.
  4. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

I did a couple of big fields I did them for around $75 an Acre. So in your case about $375.00. Again as others have said it depends on the area to be taken care off. Hillside, Bumpy, Trees, Groundhog holes, Tall Grass, ROCKS, STUMPS, baseballs, beer bottles, you get the pic. I was mowing in the mountains of WV so I was dealing with all of the above on the ones I took care of. It is really hard to see a big rock when it is hidden by the grass so you will hit them, be prepared and have a couple extra sets of blades on hand.
  5. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I just got off the phone with the gentleman I will be doing the 4 acres for. I am doing his for 150, however I am also doing another 500-600 dollars a week in mowing for him plus mulching weeding and odds and ends. So I would say you could do 175 or so.