What to Charge for landclearing?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ASCHAL45, Jan 27, 2008.

1. ASCHAL45

ASCHAL45 LawnSite Member

Wanting to dabble a little in land clearing just wondering how you land clearing pros charge?
  2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

it varies from job to job depending on: how dense are the trees, can chips be left there, stumps pulled, location. check out my link to see some of the job i was doing. that fecon runs about $150- $200 an hour to give you an idea
  3. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Do you mean underbrush removal or actual Land Clearing for lawns and new construction?
  4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

A 200 size excavator should be charging in the range of $100-$115 per hour depending on conditions, add a brush cutter head to it and get another $40-$60 per hour.

Per hour is best, if you go buy square footage or acreage and you sink your machine out of sight, you'll lose your shirt.
  5. ASCHAL45

ASCHAL45 LawnSite Member

underbrush removal
  6. AWJ Services

from Ga

With a skid and a mulching head 100 per hour is the going rate in my area.

With my Tractor and heavy duty bush hog I get 65 an hour.A lot less maint and alot cheaper to run.
    About 20% of my buisness is this type of work.
  7. ASCHAL45

ASCHAL45 LawnSite Member

I will be clearing mostly ceder thickets with some trees being as big as 12 inches any advice on what setup to use was wanting to stay with using a skid steer
  8. AWJ Services

from Ga

Thats Skid Steer/mulching head territory.

Yellowdogsvc is a member here and the resident expert on this type of buisness.

The mulching buisness is almost nonexistent here in Georgia.
    In other areas it is pretty big.Hence the low price for getting it done.

Here is a link to a demo with a Cat and a mulching head.

9. Kepple Services

Kepple Services LawnSite Senior Member

That is mulcher area of expertise. If not availible you could get away with a rotary mower, but it would take longer. Just depends on what you have availible to you.
  10. SouthernLandworks

SouthernLandworks LawnSite Member

For me it varies on job to job but I get $100 an hour with my trackhoe, $45 and hour for tractor work, $50 an hour for Skid steer, $40 an hour with the trencher. All of these are 2 hour minimum. If im running 2 or 3 pieces of equipment at one place I usually cut a discount. My hauling rates vary greatly.