1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What to charge for Lawn Rolling Job?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Miller Mowing, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Miller Mowing

Miller Mowing LawnSite Member

Guys- How do I arrive at a fair price for a lawn rolling job? In 5 years of biz I actually have not done any rolling, just mowing and a lot of other extras. The yard is 1 acre mostly open, so rolling wouldnt be a real hard job. It is in a real wealthy area though, so I dont want to hurt myself, as I am fairly certain the family would expect to pay some.

Thanks for any input,

N.A. Miller
  2. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

What I ususally do is 2-2.5 times the mowing price. Good luck. What kind of roller are you using?
  3. Miller Mowing

Miller Mowing LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input Derek. The roller is nothing fancy at all, just a 42" filled with solid concrete, but it does the job fairly well I think, so I feel like family will be real pleased if I do it soon while the ground is good and soft.

Thanks again,

4. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Be sure to sell them on Aeration too. Rolling is good for leveling mole runs etc. But is bad for the lawn also. A good Aeration afterward would be very beneficial. I would sell it as a package deal.

If it is a open and flat lawn then I would shoot for $600.
  5. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, an areation would be beneficial. Good Luck
  6. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

why would you want to compact the lawn?unless it's new sod or seed there is no reason to roll .And sure not with a roller filled with cement,I use filled 1/2 with water.why compact just to aireate?makes no sence to me