1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what to charge for spraying round-up?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by FiNaL, Aug 13, 2003.

1. FiNaL

FiNaL LawnSite Member

hey i was just looking for feed back on what to charge for spraying Round Up along a 200 foot fence line and a 5x5 foot space on the back of the house and 13 feet of space on 2 sides of the drive way and another part of the side of the house. so what would you guys charge for Reapplying Round-Up since its the 2nd applying. and i payed $9.00 for the one gallon size.
    Thanks for the feed back
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

first of all, make sure that your business is licensed for pesticide application and also make sure that you are certified as well.

If you are not, don't take the chance of applying pesticides. To many things and too many fines can go wrong.
  3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

$9 A GALLON????? yup, he has no license.
  5. hortboy

hortboy LawnSite Member

round up- charge $100.00 per hour you'll cover costs and put a nice profit in your pocket. You won't have much competition at that price and everybody will be happy
  6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

7. Hometown Lawn Care

Hometown Lawn Care LawnSite Member

FINAL..... WHAT EVER! YOU DO..... make sure your certified!!!!

I don't know how much I can stress this....

Belive me, lets just say I learned my lesson the hard way....

and 1 Gallon of non-concentrate round-up isssss..... on sale at Lowes for $9.99...so he wasnt lieing about that.
  8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

hometown, what im saying is, if he is using the product on a "professional basis", he shouldnt be paying $9 a gallon. i can mix up a batch for about $1.50 a gallon. get it?
  9. Hometown Lawn Care

Hometown Lawn Care LawnSite Member

yeah I get it
  10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

...And while you're doing this, make sure you put a 50 hour minimum on the job so you can cover the fines and costs when you are seen doing this. THESE GUYS DON'T MESS AROUND!!! They are PAID to do what they do, and most of them do it well. People caught = revenue for THEIR department.....job security.