What to charge for Sub Contracting

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by alowery14, Jan 11, 2007.

1. alowery14

alowery14 LawnSite Member

What is the going % rate for sub contracting out a job? The job was estimated at $3500. I'm new at this and do not want to be taken advantage of due to my inexperience. Does the type of work that is performed determine the % I get when subbing work out?

2. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

are you the sub or the contractor what kind of work is it brick you can price sqft lawns the same

3. alowery14

I'm the contractor. The job consists of planting (2) large trees and removing a few tree stumps along with yard cleanup.

4. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

are you doing any of the work or are you subing it all out.
    What i do is i have a guy that dose all my large tree work he go's out and tells me what he wants for the job and i add 25% for my time and hassle

5. alowery14

Yes, I am helping with the project. 20% - 25% is what I figured. It's a learning experience. I don't know if he figured "ME" into the equation when the proposal was made. The orginal estimate given was $10k and the sub stated that he would give me $1600. Not enough uhh.

6. jeffscap

jeffscap LawnSite Member

I'm the contractor. The job consists of planting (2) large trees and removing a few tree stumps along with yard cleanup.

:confused: The contractor usually pays the sub-contractor

7. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

The going rate for subcontracting in the green industry, here in massachusetts is 10%.