1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What to charge for this service

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by gosselin142258, Sep 23, 2007.

1. gosselin142258

gosselin142258 LawnSite Member
    from Mass

Well I fell into a job cleaning up some flower beds there's about 7 of them one around a gazebo two around oak trees,and a couple all the way around the house. all the customer wants is all the dead stuff pulled out they want it graded and new mulch put in. The customer will be having the mulch delivered on their own seeing they know someone who sells materials. So what im wondering what's a fair price to shoot at them for this. I'mused to cutting down tress. thanks guys
  2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

the way you described it makes it sound like a normal mulch job. do some weeding and prep work and lay new mulch. we charge $90 - $100 a yard of mulch for this service. seeing how theyre ordering the mulch id just take the mulch price of about $19 - $25 a yard out and go with that...or if you dont want to get into this way id do $25/hour/guy and a removal fee
  3. gosselin142258

gosselin142258 LawnSite Member
    from Mass

ok sounds pretty good. Dude mulch is 40$ a yard out here lol i think it might be easier to get all my mulch out in PA. shittttt Im in mass btw