What to charge in GA??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by stonedawg, Dec 28, 2005.

1. stonedawg

stonedawg LawnSite Member

Going to begin business in spring. Not quite sure what to charge for your standard acre, just going to be doing mow, trim, and blow. Usually. Thanks.

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Stonedog, in my area (which is low income for most lawn care) an acre depending on how much weedeating, edging, and blowing off drive would go for around 50 bucks and that is pushing the theshold of pain. Your area may be a lot better than mine, never been to Jackson. Now an acre with no weedwhacking and just mowing is around 25-30 bucks if you are lucky. Good luck.

3. stonedawg

There are some low income areas and some very well off areas. So 50 is about as low as you can go for an acre? Did you check out my equipment on the other thread?? Could I get by with that for a little while??

4. QualityLawnCare4u

No I have not seen your other thread yet. Will hunt it up. And yes 50 bucks is cheap when you factor in gold I mean gas, insurance, wear and tear on you equipment. Dont leave a lot left. Dont sell yourself short, folks will try to beat you down. This aint a car buying biz.

5. QualityLawnCare4u

I looked at your equipment list. If you are going to be doing any leaf cleanups you will need to add a good powerfull backpack blower. Also an edger makes sidewalks and drives look nicer than a weedwhacker. I dont know much about county clipper, have heard several bad things about them. Their is a dealer here and I have never seen one on the back of a trailor. That does not mean your is not a great one though.

6. stonedawg

I actually use the Country Clipper for my own pasture. I will use it as long as it will last. I do need to purchase a 36" wb and an edger. Thanks four your help!