what to charge per 1000 sq ft. to put down confront

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jeff_0, Jul 21, 2003.

1. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

Yes i'm licensed. I did a search but wasn't really able to find the answer.. I wanted to find out what you are charging to put down confront per 1000 sq. ft. Also so i'm not underbidding. what do you also charge to put do fertilizer. thanks

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

granular? if it contains fert, we charge as a double app. $12 per k , per app, since its a double app, $24 per k.

3. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

4. bobbygedd

from NJ

ejk, what would u charge for a 10 k prop?

5. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

What are we putting down on that 10k prop????

6. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

I would like to know how you all are getting the prices you are getting for ferts and weed apps. I quoted a lady $42.00 the other day and I'm higher thanher other guy! that was for 6700 sq. ft. Italked to a guy the other day that told me he had to lower his prices a lot this year to just get any work any help will be appreciated :)

7. Liquid Confront costs me say $0.50 per 1000.......

I would charge $2.50 per a 1000, but you are way low price wise for that.

$4 per 1000 for cool season weed applications.

$8 per 1000 for warm season weed applications.

8. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

:confused: So what are you charging per 1k? $2.50/1k? I assume this is a liquid application?

9. bobbygedd

from NJ

ejk, im talking about confront w/fert. te, on a property that is 6700 sq ft, u r applying roughly 25 lbs of product. cost of material is around $13, that leaves you $29. this is if u r using granular, at the price i pay for it. personally, i wouldnt play with chemicals for that price, there is too much involved, licensing, record keeping, the extra insurence, liabilty, etc. i put confront with fert down on an 11 k property just yesterday, got $264 for that application.

10. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Whatever....if you click your heels together three times and repeat it....maybe it will come true....