What to charge per yard of mulch please help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pro cut w/o procost lawn, Feb 24, 2009.

1. pro cut w/o procost lawn

pro cut w/o procost lawn LawnSite Member

im located in missouri and new to the landscaping part of the business and have 5 different sonics i got to spread mulch on and its about a total of 75 yards and dont know what to charge them a yard please let me know what you guys charge thanks matt

2. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

new to the biz and you landed 5 Sonics??? I must be doing something wrong...

not sure what YOU need to charge to make money.... it depends on your operation costs....

3. Jersey Shore Landscaping

Jersey Shore Landscaping LawnSite Member

we charge 65 a hard plus deliver minimal 3 yards but then we have a comercial site that between the owners house and office building is about 120 yards we charge him 85 a yard just because its 45 min away from my area. carolina cuts hit it right on the head you need to know what your operation costs before you can give a price on anything

4. EagleGrounds

EagleGrounds LawnSite Senior Member

Well i get my mulch around ~30 / yard and charge $70 to the customer...includes spreading and delivery....

5. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

75yds x $75/yd = $5,625.00 plus the delivery fee the materials yard is going to charge you to stop at 5 different Sonicss. I am assuming you aren't going to haul the 75 yards yourself, right? What I want to know is where in the hell is there room for 15 yards of mulch at each Sonic? There's barely enough beds for 1.5/2 yards of mulch at any Sonic location around here.

6. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

I hope your talking bulk not bagged mulch. How close are the locations to your source? How big is your dump truck? Do you have a skid loader or do you have to rent one? Are the beds in one location at each store or spread all over the place? Dyed mulch or treated hardwood?

Maybe they are just going to use it in the kitchen.:laugh: