what to charge to Fert?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jds720, May 5, 2008.

1. jds720

jds720 LawnSite Senior Member

So im just starting out, ive been in the game for about 2months now, and im taking a class Thursday to get liscened to fert. How do i charge? by the month? semi-annul? per job? I have no clue

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

We only fert 3 times a year, before, durring, and after the growing season....

I Bill Monthly, now these are my regular mowing customers. I dont have any strickly fert customers. But if I did I would make them pay after the job is finished.

3. bruno_rs

bruno_rs LawnSite Member

hey jds, i'd charge right after the job... especially being either new to the business and/or dealing with unproven accounts. customers tend to take their time paying, especially the lco, so i would never extend billing/payment any longer than a monthly basis. keep in mind, you don't want to become a "lender" AND the longer it takes to be paid the less your actually making. once you get established you will find what works best for you. good luck. have a good one.

4. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

I think most around here charge per job, and by the sq ft to figure pricing. The only time it would be figured in as a flat montly bill would be if you had it worked into a "full service" lawn package at a montly rate.