What to charge

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dfor, Apr 9, 2000.

1. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Today I had to blow the sand off of a parking lot for one of my lawn customers. It's at a doctors office, so I could only do it on a Sunday when there are no cars in the lot. Was able to blow everything into the woods. It took me about an hour and 15 minutes with an 8 hp. Little Wonder blower. 2 hrs. total with driving time. What would you guys charge for this. Thanks for responding.

2. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

55 dollars <br>35/hour<br>i would only charge driving time one way, but that is just me and is it always that sandy if you are doing it every week it should go quicker so i would do it at the end of a day when you are near there instaed of making a special trip on a sunday and get all dirty and nasty for 1 job<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

3. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I have just completed a one year agreement with a couple of Dr's. for maintaining both of their properties. These offices were right nest to each other with very little grass. I had to spray herbicide in the beds and paved areas and rake the rocks that were around one office. The KILLER was the parking lot. I have 11hp Little Wonder blowers so the work wasn't hard. Scheduling on a weekend was the hard part. I averaged $45 and hour but it was not worth the family / leisure time I lost. Leave the parking lots to the sweepers and set your own schedule...unless you are really hungry.

4. That's good advise getmow.<p>It takes $350 min. for me to work solo on a<br>Sat. or Sunday.<p>The reason for the $350 figure is what the payout to win for motorcycles at the local<br>drag strip on sunday. I have a 1974 Z-1<br>supergas (9.90) bike. I made in from a $200<br>basketcase back in 1989. The track operator<br>lets me keep it at the track in the base<br>of the tower. That way I can keep the metric<br>tools, co2 tank for the air clutch/shifter,<br>with my helmet and leathers in the trunk of<br>my car. This way I don't have to drive my<br>work truck (no a/c) 50 miles on way to the<br>track.<p>I wish that NHRA would mandate mufflers on all the dragsters, door slammers, and motorcycles next year. There is no need for<br>open pipes just for bracket racing.<p>

5. Jason

Jason LawnSite Senior Member

Stone, 9.9's in the 1/4? Damn that's flying! :)

6. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I practically grew up at the strip in my younger days. They say those bikers have to be half nuts to go that fast on 2 wheels with no rollcage. Super gas is a fun bracket to watch; it takes a hefty guy to keep a bike under control at that speed & to pull him too that fast speaks for the bike itself also.<br>I disagree about open headers- nothing like it! They do however have more thru-the-mufflers competition nowadays with real street & outlaw brackets like Pat Musi & Tony Christiansen, Rod Saboury, etc. running sreet legal monsters in the 7 & 8 sec. range.<br>It's off topic but drag racing is my other summertime love.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<p>

7. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Hey Guys-<p>Alright! More race fans... My bro and I are working on a car now. He bought a 1991 mustang notchback last year. It's first run was in the low 16's. It has 140K miles on it so it's a little tired. By the end of the season we had it in the low 13's and this year we should start out in the mid 12's. And best of all - we didn't touch the engine!!!!<p>Mike<br>Greenkeepers

8. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Drag racing? You gotta be kidding?<br>Try rally driving.100 miles an hour down<br>a dirt forestry track.Need balls of steel<br>for that one.:)

9. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

dont make eric break out his tim taylor dixie chopper<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

10. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

I race scooters! I have a family of chipmonks that power my scooter. They screw for about fifteen feet, then I have to stop and feed them some more nuts! :)