What to charge??

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by DoetschOutdoor, Jun 2, 2006.

1. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Im kinda new to the landscaping side of lawn work, I have mainly stuck to mowing, aerating, etc. My customers just had a regular inground pool installed and now they want me to come in and lay rock 3 feet out from the pool, all the way around. Im going to install the weed barrier of course and then lay the rock. What would a typical bid be for this job? I dont know the exact feet or anything but it is a standard pool. Can anyone give me a ballpark price for this install? Thanks
    Ian

2. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

couldnt tell ya from the info you provided. lets start with this.... how big of a pool? what kind of rock are you talking about? stone? as in crushed stone, like 2b or something?

3. DoetschOutdoor

from S. IL

The rock is going to be the small multicolor... As for the pool size, I havent measured it yet but I would guess it to prolly be 15x50/60, not exactly sure

4. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

you will definitely have to get measurements first to determine pricing. How many tons? How long? etc.

5. DoetschOutdoor

from S. IL

Measurements for the beds are 20ft, 60ft, 20ft for the three sides that I will be working with. The beds will be be 3 feet wide

6. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I will give you a price monday.