What to charge??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by La Reina, Jun 8, 2006.

1. La Reina

La Reina LawnSite Member

I got a call from a realtor who wants 4 lots mowed all about 30,000sf. The reason I need in put is the weeds not grass is up to my neck so it will take of course more time? Do you charge more for the height? He only wants these mowed 1 maybe 2xs a month.

2. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Wide open empty lots??? once a month??? $45.00/ea

3. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

if its really bad maybe aim for about a $100/acre charge? but hmmmm, you'll ahve a lot of crap to clean up and haul off if it is that bad

what would you normally charge if it wasn't out of control? don't forget $ for go'n to the dump etc

explain why the first time will cost $X due to the work involved then jsut do your regular price afterwards

4. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

After you cut them down to a reasonable height- about $45/ea sounds alright- maybe a little higher because you are only cutting once a month and that can get nasty. That first cut (bushhogging) would be considerably higher. What kind of equip. do you have for the job? Do you have access to something besides a weedwhacker for the 1st cut? Good luck.

5. La Reina

La Reina LawnSite Member

I told him $58 so I guess it will average out, the first terrible cut vs. the rest that is. He has now requested an estimate on his home in the same neighborhood as the lots and I gave him the same price, w/ trim and cleanup I think it's a pretty good price.
    We have a sign up in a new development community on an island by the stop sign, I got a call yesterday from a resident asking what permission do I have to put it there. I have removed it but man oh man in the last 2 weeks that sign alone has gotten us 8 lots and 4 houses. I guess the center island belongs to someone but who is the good quiestion.

6. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

make sure the realtor pays you up front......otherwise you could regret it.....