1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What to charge?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by S&M Lawn Care, Sep 25, 2006.

1. S&M Lawn Care

S&M Lawn Care LawnSite Member

There is a lady who would like me to remove many broken branches and other basic landscaping needs in a section of sumac forest that they purchased. I will not need any major equipment. But my question is how should i quote her? Per hour? Please any help would be great.
  2. S&M Lawn Care

S&M Lawn Care LawnSite Member

please someone? anyone?

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

I would go by the hour...What is your basic rate ?? $20 to $30 an hour sounds resonable..IT also depends on how big the job is and do you just want to do it for a set price....it really depends on your overhead
  4. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

I have several accounts that I maintain like this where we just go in and do cleanup mainly brush and leaves and such. I have a k3500 dump and I can get a good two yards of stuff on easy,in turn I charge each customer $100.00plus tax per yard loaded , hauled and disposed of. It costs me $8.00 per cubic yard at the dump, gas and all the usual stuff so its easy to make $50.00 per yard profit and haul several yards a day.
  5. forestfireguy

forestfireguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

How long does it take you to collect and load 2 yds of debris? Do you work solo? If we trim it's per hour, trimming and loading if we trimmed 2 yds worth I'd guess that be at least a couple, maybe three hours including cleanup it'll cost you 200-300 dollars , for labor, plus whatever to dump. If you go with a number like 30 per hour be sure thats per man hour.
  6. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

These accounts that we do this for are quick and easy loading, with me and two guys we get a load cut and in the truck in 30 mins and we are off to the dump,and these are properties where I have so much work that we come in whenever we have the free time to bang out a few loads and the property owners are OK with that. If we have a job that is a lot of trimming and clean up work and then its over we would most likely go with a per man hour rate, but as you all know each set of circumstances is unique and must be priced accordingly.