What to charge???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dbroken64, Oct 29, 2006.

1. dbroken64

dbroken64 LawnSite Member

Hey guys,
    I am a newbie to this and was wondering what to charge for this job. The yard took me 16 minutes to mow but 45 to weedeat and rake. Do you charge more for having alot of weed eating to do or you still just charge by the time you spend at the job. It has a big ditch along the front of the house and you have to get down in it to trim. No way to get my mower in it.
    Just wondering. :confused: 2000 Chevy 4x4
    2006 Scag Wildcat 52
    Husky Trimmers and Blowers
    Lots of rakes and shovels,
    6.5x14 open trailer.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

How much did you charge,is it a weekly account.
  3. apowell18

apowell18 LawnSite Member

Why are you raking? Just this first time or everytime?

You need to make $45-$60 per hour, so charge accordingly. How big is the yard? If it takes you 1 hour to complete then charge minimum $50.
  4. dbroken64

This was my first time and the customer said just what ever he is willing to pay for he is tired of doing it his self. I normally dont get no less that 40 dollars for the time cutting and it will probably just take me 25 minutes now since it is in shape. Haven't talked with him yet for he was not home when I got through. Will do it every 2 weeks.
  5. dbroken64

Thanks for the info, I was told from local guys not to charge no less than 45 a hour. Was just getting some feed back from yall. This yard was bush hogged about a month ago so it was a mess. I raked some leaves out to where I could mulch them up with the mower.