What to charge.. ????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hvphotog, Jun 17, 2009.

1. hvphotog

hvphotog LawnSite Senior Member

have to pull some shrubs and no clue what to charge, thinking i will hook a chain and skid steer to them and yank.. so would be me, skid steer and laborer and maybe two or 3 hours at most, is like 15 shrubs.. see pics below, not the best taken with my cell

any suggestions on pricing?

2. 4seasonsmgt

4seasonsmgt LawnSite Member

put a price per hour on the laborer and then one on the machine plus any removal costs to get rid of the bushs but just get a price per hour makes it alot easier.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i would price it by hour in case it takes longer than you expected
  4. hvphotog

i charge 30 per hour for my laborers and for the machine and op typically about 85 an hour but like to get 450 for machine and op for anything under 4 hours to make up for move and time loading and unloading
    .. thinking maybe like 500 for the job... thoughts :confused:

5. hvphotog

Home owner just wants a flat price...

6. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

500.00 is really high.

That would take me and a helper proly 2 hrs at the most.

7. hvphotog

is that with a machine? if so what is your normal hourly rate for machine and operator? there about about 16 shrubs to be removed there..

8. thinksnow

thinksnow LawnSite Member

I pulled a bunch of those out with my diesel pick up and a big choke strap. It didn't take long at all.
  9. hvphotog

where they are located i can't get my truck in there, have to bring over my skid steer.. also have to be careful not to pull up patio with roots

10. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I'd say between $250-350 if you can get up close to all of them without causing any damage to turf. The thing about pulling them with a truck is whether or not you can pull on them without being in grass. If your going to be in the grass with the truck, then more then likely you'll spin wheels and ruin the lawn. If you can yank on them from asphalt you might be OK pulling them out. If you have a skid loader, it should make quick work of them. If hand digging is needed then your price is close.