What To Charge

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by caz1, Nov 20, 2004.

1. caz1

caz1 LawnSite Member

just STARTING OUT IN THE LAWN CARE SERVIVE WHAT SHOULD I CHARGE MOST OF THE LAWN IN THIS TOWN WILL TAKE ABOUT 20 TO 30 MIN TO MOW WITH A 21" MOWER BUT THEN I WOULD HAVE TO EDGE THE WALKS DO THE TRIMING AND THEN BLOW THE WALKS WHAT WOULD BE A FAIR PRICE ALSO DO A STAY WITH A 21" MOWER AND WHAT IS THE BEST PUSH MOWER TO BUY WHEN IT COMES TIME TO REPLACE MINE NEED TO BE READY FOR SPRING ;)

2. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Start by asking some of the lawn services in the area what the going rates are for different size lawns where you live. It doesn't matter how long it takes you to cut a lawn with a 21 inch mower. The equipment that you use is not a concern to the customer. Only the price matters to him. The key to correct pricing is to price your service competively with other LCO's. Don't try to lowball or undercut the competition, but don't price yourself out of the market either.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

welcome to the site from a fellow Michigander.:) Make sure to not type in caps

4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

We have $20.00 MINIMUM charge for mowing. I would say the $20.00-35.00 range would be sufficient for the lawns you described, but i'm not familier with your area.

5. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

$35.00 for droping my gate and unload a mower. I have a lawn thta takes me two stripes down in my toro pushmower, 10 min. at most. And of course whatever the going rate is in your area. That is mine. Good luck to yourself and welcome to lawnsite, great guys here, but most of all great advise :waving:

6. caz1

caz1 LawnSite Member

thank for the help i'm new at this so i will be back for more help and any advice would be helpful :waving: