what to do 4 vacations

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Frontier-Lawn, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

my wife wants to take a 2-3 week vacation next oct to the keys/Caribbean. so what would i do about all my accounts? my mom lives next to a lawn/landscape guy and i afraid if i ask him to do my lawns for me will im on vacation he my try to take some of my cust away. hes kind a :nono:

2. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

I assume you are a solo operation. I personally would never hand my accounts over to a competitor for a couple of weeks(especially if I don't know them). Make your bread and butter during the season and schedule your vacations around the down times. My 2 cents.
    Lots of luck! :)

3. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto...we go to Florida in January. The plowing is handled by my employees (as it is anyway)

4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

2-3 weeks ??? is this a cruise .... sounds fun ...I'd have my guys do the work .... for a solo ..... might think of cutting em all n than just taking a 10 day cruise .... RC has some great 7-10 sailings

5. Frontier-Lawn

my wife wanted to go to fantasy fest the last week in October to the keys (like martigraw) there any thing goes people even can walk down the street naked ;) :p :blob3:

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Frontier-Lawn,

I see that you live in FL. Do you have any slow time coming up or are you busy through out the year?

7. Frontier-Lawn

8. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.fantasyfest.net/

Fantasy Fest is a BLAST no doubt .....but you'd be REAL Lucky to even get a room for 2005 on the island as of today .... if you stay fore the whole event it's like 10 days ....best get in on "Fat Tuesday" n leave the next Monday .... that's like only 7 days ...n that will be enough ....you'll need to go on vacation after Fantasy Fest just to rest up ;->

Plenty of rooms up the keys like in Looe Key (mm 26) or even Marathon (mm 45) Hawks Cay is awesome n only an 1 hr to Duval

The bars already stay open to 3am ....n when the clocks turn back that's really 4am ....wet tee shirt contest at Sloopy Joes at 3am!

Fore us on the Space Coast it's 42 cuts per year bi weekly Nov -March .... easy to plan a Key trip in Nov ....but Fantasy Fest is October 21-30