What to do about bad payroll.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MacTruck, Jun 23, 2004.

1. MacTruck

MacTruck LawnSite Member

Ive got a problem. I work for a small lawn care business. Just two of us. I was interested in getting into lawncare as a carrer, and he agreed to take me on. Ive learned a lot and had a GREAT time and love every minute of it, but my last two pay checks have bounced.:eek: Can anyone recomend a goodway to go about this?
  2. imowstraightlines

imowstraightlines LawnSite Member

go into buisiness with another person ;)
  3. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

agreed...work for someone else. You probably wouldnt want to learn to much from this guy anyways...he obviously is doing things wrong.

4. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

quick books keeps all my stuff straight
  5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

When you mess with a person's paycheck you have no morals.
  6. KL Squared

KL Squared LawnSite Member

Ask for him to take you to his bank and pay you in cash. You have every right to be paid on time and in full. I would consider finding something else until you can start your own business.
  7. MacTruck

MacTruck LawnSite Member

I really dont want to leave because he is talking about moving to Texas next season to take a job and he will leave me his accounts. Its not many, but its a start. Im thinking about making him pay me in cash from now on, but would that mess with the books/irs at all? Its really a pain cause I have court fines do that i can pay and they dont care that I have the money. they just care that i havent payed.
  8. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

First off have it out with your boss. Thats messed up! Second, once you get paid, find a new company to work for. Im sure you will find a job you can enjoy as much, working for someone who's checks wont bounce.
  9. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

To say I'd be pissed would be an understatement, I'd get my bread and roll If I were you, In my Opinion, you'd be a fool to work for him after that. But again that's MY opinion....
  10. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

My business accounts can fluctuate $30,000 within a few days.

That's life. I'm sure he will pay you.