What to do about this one

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnEmpire, Apr 27, 2004.

1. LawnEmpire

LawnEmpire LawnSite Member

Hey just wanted to say when we were driving on the expressway with the truck and trailer our front passenger tire on the truck completley fell off. Rim, tire, everything. We were driving for about 50 feet on the rotor. Someone must have loosened the bolts or somethin, maybe some local competition, who really knows but anyways today, Tuesdays work is backed up and now Wednesday will be too becuase we wont have the truck back from the shop untill late, most likley. We are already backed up as it is and im really stressed. What would you do in this situation???????

2. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape LawnSite Senior Member

I would just call all your customers and explain that you are behind this week because of formentioned problems, and you will be getting to them later in the week. Just plan on getting up early and working late this week. then this weekend when you are done drink a few cold ones Just my .02

3. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

No buddies that will let you borrow their half ton for a couple days.

4. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Can't rent a truck? U-Hauls come with hitches :)

5. LawnEmpire

Were trying to work on getting some other form of transportation but my partner Mike has a class tomorrow from 12-2pm and we wont have the truck in time to work before 12 and after 2 is pushing it to get done the amount of work we need to get done. This is bad, How does a tire fall off??? who does that happen to??

6. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Rent a truck, or borrow a truck, I have a 6 cyl Ford Ranger that I will not sell for this very reason. any time my truck is in for repairs or maintenance, this $1500.00 truck has bailed me out. Always have a back-up for everything.

7. lawnmedic1

lawnmedic1 LawnSite Member

Lose lug nuts can work off. just like trailer tires. torque all lugs, turk and trailer every oil change at least. Rent a truck, rent a car for your partner to take to school!!! Do something. They are taking rain for Friday through Monday in Cincinnati. I'm sure it's similar in Toledo...Chuck

8. LawnEmpire

hey thanks a lot but we have a tight budget but hopefully we will have the truck by 2pm and we can work from 2 to 9 i guess.

9. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

lawnmedic1
    Tells it the way it is. Lose lug nuts can work off.

If you are running aluminum rims. It pays to check the lug nuts with a torque wrench at least once a week. Especialy if you are towing a trailor. For those steele lugs and nuts can chew on aluminum rims.