what to do? cust skips town w/o paying bill

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lance L, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Lance L

Lance L LawnSite Senior Member

Well one of my customers moved on me w/o tellin me... haha how low. the bill is $270 im not sure where he went but has this happened to anyone? how did u track them down. my cousin well he can find these things out he is a undercover agent for a certain government thing haha i will leave it at that... but rather than bugging him what other methods have you used? i didnt know if the local authorities may be able to help or not.. and how much does it cost? of course that will go on the bill and maybe some lawyer fees and whatever else he wants.. but yea this was sooo pathetic.

thanks in advance.. Lance

2. IndyPropertyCare

IndyPropertyCare LawnSite Member

Lance... My wife is a bill collector. It helps to have her around when things like this happen or you have a slooow paying customer. She is a very top rated collector and many company's use her for her services. If you would like I can give you her email. Maybe I cna get her to give you OR anyone else on here a discount $$$$ KH

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

www.olddebts.com can find them and bug them to pay you for about $25. Seems well worth it to me. They utilize the National Change Of Address (NCOA) database.

4. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

call the post office--surely they have thier mail forwarded

5. Lance L

Lance L LawnSite Senior Member

i guess i will have to try all of those :D Indy if you could send me a PM with a way to contact your wife. or post it her if you dont mind. thanks a lot

Lance

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe yes, maybe no...especially if they're deadbeats and owe everyone and their brother money.