1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what to do in the off season

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by C&J landscape, Jun 17, 2004.

1. C&J landscape

C&J landscape LawnSite Member

I am just starting to do this full time and was wondering what you guys do to keep the money rolling in when the cold weather comes in? I am in West Tenn., so we do not get much snow to speak of... if at all.
  2. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Theres an off season? I keep doing pruning all winter.
  3. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Commercial accounts on the 12 month plan helps a bunch. We clean up leaves, start mulch and pinestraw in late winter etc.. There is about a solid month to month and a half that I don't work, I am in Florida on vacation during a lot of that time.
  4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

We did'nt do anything last winter, but have decided to mount a plow this year and do a little plowing, and I do mean alittle. I'm sole sponsor of my race team, and raced snowmobile's on ice ovals, which reminds me, I had better get working on the sled sooon, actually I have been tinkering with it alittle already. Here's a pic of us at Alpena. Lots of snow dust, were 3rd back.

alpena race 006.jpg
  5. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

6. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Catch up on my sleep.

7. C&J landscape

C&J landscape LawnSite Member

Sounds good...I have 2 commercial accounts (strip malls). This should keep me somewhat busy. I have been trying to get into gutter work on the side with a buddy of mine. Hopefully this will keep me busy enough.
    Someday hope to be like ECM and take an extended vacation in Florida as well. Until then I guess I gotta keep the train moving.
  8. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I'm trying out my new scanner out, another pic of racing up at Drummond Island. Getting alittle loose in the corner. This is what we do in the winter.

zr 440 3.jpg
  9. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

nice sled wriken
  10. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Well, yeah. You expect to be 1st with a green sled?!?!:rolleyes:

Yellow up front!:D

Sold my REV 600 last winter. No time to ride, but still like a little friendly brand loyalty banter once in a while :) :) :)