what to do in the winter

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboy, Nov 30, 2002.

1. lawnboy

lawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

Winter is here:( i know many of you plow like me, unfortunately it only snows a couple of handful of times. What else do you guys do in the winter time to keep busy. I am looking for ideas to expand off of the summer clients.
  2. Kingspointe

Kingspointe LawnSite Member

you could possibly put up decorations, sort of like a rental to them and you take them down in the spring. Fall clean ups bring some cash in too. hope this helps
  3. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

During the summer, Do you find yourself saying "this wold be better if I _________"? Or I wish I had a __________? I could better my clientel if I __________? Well winter is time to fill in the blanks. Not enough mind you but some. My list is too long already!

4. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Dump runs from garages and attics.
  5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

6. Lawn Specialties

Lawn Specialties LawnSite Member

I drive the Zamboni at my local ice rink.
  7. Where I am at the reds are starting to school in the back bays so it is time to break out the gill nets.
  8. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Plow-plow and more plowing! 70% of income is from this service. Plus roof clearing.
  9. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Firewood, Junk Hauling, Tree / Stump Removal..........................
  10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

the reds are sterting to school? what the hack are reds? and, what do i do in winter? drink beer, lift weights, talk trash on lawnsight. by mid feb i get tired of this, so i change my brand of beer