What to do in the winter

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by gartlandlawncare, Apr 23, 2012.

1. gartlandlawncare

gartlandlawncare LawnSite Member

To you guy that just do spraying and fertilizing, what do u do over the winter month? Right now I work full time on a golf course and do lawn work on the side. I want to go full time with lawn work but the winter months scare me (nov-march). Atleast with the golf course I can collect unemployment over the winter. I am just trying to get some Ideas?

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Work 60 hours per week in summer--you don't need to do much in the winter. I used to write all five of my newsletters, prepare my renewal letter, refine my program, shop for fert, and drink a lot of diet soda. Feel free to call each customer and thank them for shopping with you. Ask them if there is anything you could improve, and ask for referrals.

3. EquityGreen

EquityGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Caribbean vacations.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Plow snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.........or piss and moan cause it isn't snowing.

5. Landgreen

Landgreen LawnSite Member

Lol.

I plow snow as well.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Not much snow in Texas.

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Really? LOL

Actually I think northern Texas got more snow than we did in northern Illinois last winter. Seemed like everytime I watch the weather there was snow in Texas and Oklahoma.

8. Duekster

from DFW, TX

The Pan Handle gets some for sure but we get nothing to build a business upon.

It is the ideal time to aerate and start the Pre-emergent program. Some clean ups, Trimming and stuff but not much work.

9. LawnoftheMonth

LawnoftheMonth LawnSite Senior Member

10. Duekster

from DFW, TX

you should do that in the late fall.