What to do next.......?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cwmiller928, May 11, 2006.

1. cwmiller928

cwmiller928 LawnSite Member

I've got about 30 current accounts. I only have my 52 inch stander and an old style 21inch PUSH!! mower. I'm looking for something to fit in gates and get alot more mowing done then the 21. I would really like to get a better quick 36 but thats out of my price range right now. I'm looking at the Billy Goat 33inch finish mower. Would this be good for my application? plus, i can get one brand new for about $1400. What would you do?
  2. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

As far as the Billy Goat 33", use the SEARCH feature, not many favorable reviews. If you cannot afford another mower at this point...time to start saving up those pennies.

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

My suggestion would be to finance a Good 36". It will save you tons of time over a 21" "push". Take the xtra time you save add one account to cover the monthly payment around $125 or so.
  4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I am with this guy as long as you have good enough credit to finance a mower. 30 lawns a week for 1 guy is a cake walk. Get the new 36" WB and pick up 1 or 2 more lawns to cover the cost. :walking:
  5. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

i bought strait out my simplicity 34" its similar to the belt driven Ferris 36" but mines hydro, was about $2100.xx I think they have financing for them too. I like it but its an open differential, meaning YOU turn it it doesnt turn itself, its hard on angled yards too, always wants to drive downhill sideways.
  6. jimmbo407

jimmbo407 LawnSite Member

I bought a used 36inch exmark. I have not found a gate that I can't get through. It is belt driven. My other mowers are hydro. I don't thing you need hydo on the 36. A 36inch mower is small enough to maneuver in small area's yet large enough to be efficient in those areas. They are also good for wet areas where larger mowers would make ruts and get stuck. If you end up buying a new one you will pay for it no problem. It is a very versatile mower. As you can see I can't say enough about it.:usflag: