What to do to prevent erosion

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by lawnranger44, May 14, 2005.

1. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

We are bidding on a job with two steep banks that are currently covered with dead evergreens. The soil is very rocky and not very plant friendly. The lady wants us to tear out the evergreens and plant something else in there. Should we put topsoil down after we tear the evergreens out? What should we plant in there? I was thinking ivy, but another thing is what would prevent the soil from eroding away when we get a good rain?

Another idea i had was to put topsoil down, plant some bushes, then put stones on top of that instead of mulch. Would this solve the erosion problem?

Please, someone point me in the right direction! :waving:

2. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

crown veg its the best for erosion iv found

3. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

try weaver express blower service they have a website talk to Keith and tell him I sent you trust me they have the fix for you.

4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Creeping rosemary loves rocky soil,but can look kinda shaggy after 5 yrs or so.There are alot you could use if your give more info about site and zone.

5. knuckles

knuckles LawnSite Member

try pinelandsnursery.com, click erosion control tab, they have all kinds of good stuff