1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What to do, What to do?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by lawnproslawncare, May 18, 2008.

1. lawnproslawncare

lawnproslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

So how to you guys handle your friend putting your mower into the drink?

Yeah, I tell him repeatadely to slow down, so this morning he gets off and doesn't set the parking brake, now the motors loaded with water.

Normally policy is: Mower got wet...New job time.
  2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

ummm... make him pay for it....
  3. Merlin300

Merlin300 LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

Wait until October - November, then take him by the lake to "show" him something. A little push in that cold water should remind him to respect your chit.
  4. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

I hope he offered to fix it or at least "help" me fix it (bring/hold my beer). If not, he's not much of a friend. Live and learn. Bet it won't happen again.
  5. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

thats why i don't let anybody use my stuff...let someone use one of my weed trimmers, i had to ask for it back, and handle was bent...let someone use my hedge trimmer, blades come back all nicked up and dirty. nope! learned my lesson.
  6. mowzum

mowzum LawnSite Member

never loan your equiptment out.. it's your lifeblood, learned the hard way myself
  7. rachael24

rachael24 LawnSite Member

I am very skeptical about lending equipment as well...especially if it is the main capital in your business.
  8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

If he got your walker wet. Just flat out kill him. It probably got water in its hydro system too.
  9. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

I don't think thats legal. :rolleyes:
  10. capetan

capetan LawnSite Member

only lend things if you can afford and willing to buy a new one :)

your insurance will cover it, but thats besides the point, chances are his car is worth about the same as your mower, just drive his car into the water, would that be fair ? a good friend would buy you a new mower