What to do when it rains a ton after you pull pipe

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by grassman177, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

yes , I am sure , I get some very good pricing at the supply house . You can negotiate better prices with the supplier , I am strictly pay as I go , no account , actually run a adverage $ 500 credit so when i send a guy there ,for parts , its paid for . As far as cost anlysis factor in you will still need pvc fittings for things .

2. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

I will have to check at jdl, supposedly I get things for 5% above cost. And .20 sounds super super cheap.

3. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

From what I have talked with people JDL marks there stuff up pretty high.

4. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

I dont buy from jdl . I checked my invoice from last week , I was wrong , it was 22 cents .

5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

intersting grip for sure. i have yet to finish the other job with pipe pulled in, i really dont think it will be kickable though. i will try, but we will see how goes. couldnt get started after pulling the pipe for many reasons beyond my control, not by choice.

6. grassman177

def takes some skill and forethought to get those angles right for sure. kinda tough in some places

7. grassman177

totally, but i think it may be too late, after several good rains on the installed pipe, before i can get back to the job, which was out of my control.

like i said, i will try but dont think it will work. i tried on one the other day while finishing up a job and it was a no go. pipe would not give an inch, this was installed the same time as the job i am worried about.

8. grassman177

2 inch bullet for 1 inch pipe. ground was extra hard and really pushed up in a mound on this one.