What to do with busy streets?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GreenClips, Apr 4, 2007.

1. GreenClips

GreenClips LawnSite Member

hey i want to know what you do on busy streets i have one account on a somewhat busy street by a school and its not a wide street and i wanted to know what you guys do when you are in this situation...thanks

2. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

well..... back your trailer up in the driveway.... looks like you have no choice here..... if possible do the yard in the mornings.... or whenever the customer/s is at work

3. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Get in, get out. You have a right to be there too. I just get as close to the curb as possible and get done in a timely manner and everyone stays happy

4. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I pull into the driveway. If that is not possible, pull as close to the curb as you can and set your cones out. I have seen a cop stop and tell another LCO to move out of the street.

5. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 LawnSite Senior Member

try for the drive way or find a bigger drive way closer if you can get in theres

6. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Pull up on to the curb or sidewalk if their is one. Some times on a 2 lane street with a turning lane we will park in the middle of the road. Its dangerous but some times we just don't have any other choice.

Cheers
    Jeff