What to do with old bed liner?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mowerbrad, Nov 26, 2010.

1. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Well, my season is finally rapping up, so I finally will have time to bring my truck over to have the Line-x bed liner put in. I already have a plastic bed liner in the bed but have no idea what to do with it. The place that will be doing my line-x told me that I will need to take out the bed liner before I bring in the truck.

Any ideas?

2. Knight511

Knight511 LawnSite Member

Plastic recycling facility....

3. Knight511

Knight511 LawnSite Member

4. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Craigslist. If you put it on there for free it will be gone in 12 hrs or less.

5. make a cheap sled.

6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I hate those plastic liners, and have taken them out of several trucks I purchased over the years. I just cut them up with a chainsaw or sawzall, and toss the pieces in a recycling bin.

7. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I hate having the plastic liner now, its so slippery that everything slides around in the back and it doesn't really give me much protection. I've just been so busy that I hadn't had time to have the truck go in for the line-x. My last truck had about $1000 worth of line-x on it and I loved the stuff.

I may throw the bed liner up on craigslist and see if someone wants to take it off my hands, otherwise I'll prolly just cut it up and through it in the recycling can I guess.

8. Barrett Landscaping

Barrett Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

could try and sell it for some $$ on craigslist. it may not be much but better than throwing it away!

9. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

the slipperyness and durability of teh bed liners made em nice for unloading debris and mulch and such. with the spray on liners.. all it takes is one shovel point ot pitch ford to put a hole in the linex stuff..

10. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

There is one way to get past that slippery plastic, and still use the liner to protect the bed. On one of my trucks that came with a plastic liner, I installed one of those rubber bed mats over the liner. That solved the "slippery" problem.