what to do with this customer??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by northwest lawn, Apr 21, 2005.

1. northwest lawn

northwest lawn LawnSite Member

i picked up this client last spring, paid on time real nice, well this season i pull up for spring clean up and they yelled at us stating that they said they would call when it is needed or when they were ready. well temps so far are in the high 70's said they would call the middle of this week well no call yet. what should i tell them if they do call?

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Was there any agreement as to when you would begin this year?

3. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

When these people call " you have reached northwest lawn our schedule is currently full if you are wanting us to take on your lawn please send us your first born and $1000 cash and we will consider it. Thank you, come again" Apau style of course.

4. Laurentian

Laurentian LawnSite Member

Sounds to me this costomer wants control over there little world or was having a bad day, so when you arrived unannounced you were easy pray. Which ever the case the communication was clear "We will call you". I would let them call and if you still have room take them since they paid well.

5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

My wife does most of the mowing I am just the helper. Every spring she just starts cutting lawns, I have to make her call and tell the people we are coming. We don't really care how many accounts we have so if we lose a few it's no big deal. I prefer to have the customers tell me they want me instead of me "begging" them to let me stay on. You know the old " you called me I didn't call you" routine.

6. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

PITA'S arent worth waisting your time with. Leave and never look back. When or if they call, tell them your all booked up. They may or may not get the picture, who cares. Focus your efforts on the decent customers and kick the pita's to the curb. Your life will be much easier whithout the aggrevation pita's bring, beleive me.