What To do with your old Oil

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Daner, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you do with your used oil from your lawn equipment and trucks etc.??
    Take It to the dump
    store in a container
    Or do you recycle??

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Store it in a container, then place it out with the recycle every other Friday.

3. QCS

QCS LawnSite Member

I have a 5 gallon container. Once it's filled, I take it to the recycle center and dump it out.

4. Daner

We don't have a recycle program for oil here...that picks It up with the garbage...But I have heard of a company that will take your old oil and make new oil from It???:dizzy: I think that would be real slick If they can do It.

5. Daner

I find the 5 gal containers can get real messy

6. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a pair of 55 gal drums in the back under cover which we have drained every 2 years .... they come in with like a septic sucker n do it fore free long as it's more than 100 gallons

7. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i take mine to jiffy lube or valvoline instant oil change and they take it for free. one time they took 25 gals from but they said they like it fewer quantities.

8. Daner

Your doing It almost like the way I do...I Use my empty Race fuel 55 gal drums...But I bring them to my friends service station, and he has the pumper suck out the oil.
    The amount of oil that I go through here now Is alot.

9. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

I use it to heat my shop. I got one of those oil furnaces from northern tool. Works great and it does not cost me anything for fuel

10. Daner

I heard that they were a fire hazard. But maybe they were the home made type.