What to do?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by tsh1773, Apr 12, 2006.

1. tsh1773

tsh1773 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a customer that has a yard of 7500 sq ft. It's 80% weed (all kinds) and 20% fescue. Should I overseed or treat for weeds first or is there an herbicide that will allow me to overseed and treat simultaneously? What would you do?

2. tsh1773

Come on guys, need a little help here...

3. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

Roundup, then reseed. With only 20% fescue it'll be better to start from scratch.

4. tsh1773

How long after applying the roundup should I wait to seed?

5. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have the exact amount of time in my head, but it's not long, just a few days.

6. naughty62

naughty62 LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

:most glyphosate products have a replant interval of 7-10days .WE like to wait 2-3 weeks if time is not a pressing issue .check the label or google the specific label. :headphones: 400 foot of hose and what do get , another day :headphones:

7. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Come on yourself. You expect an answer within 30 minutes and then you start getting impatient. Most LCO are working at the time of your post. Do a Search and you will find the answer.

The LCO world doesn't revolve around waiting to answer your questions. Some people give bad answers so i would verify it with a search. :laugh:

8. tsh1773

I don't owe you an explanation but I'll give you one anyway...The first post in this thread had fallen from the first page of new posts and usually once that happens the thread doesn't get read or replied to. Therefore I posted a reply to move it back to the top and apparantly it worked. By the way, I'm too busy to do the research at this time and wanted a simple answer. I thought that what this site was for...helping others and sharing information. If it's too much of a bother for you move on to the next thread.

9. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

If you want to save what Fescue is there....spray with Speedzone. You only have to wait 2 weeks to seed.

This is not the best time of year to be seeding Fescue, because you may lose many of the new seedlings during the Summer heat. But it sounds like you don't have the option of waiting until Fall.

10. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I see from you past posts your are to busy posting help me questions (newbie lco) of the I don't know what to do questions. Do your own search and you learn more. Like I said don't believe every answer you get here since a lot are teenagers who will post answers.

I am so busy I got to get ready for work. I am lucky I had the time to answer you. What a busy world we live in. :laugh: :laugh: