What to do?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by emil35, May 11, 2006.

1. emil35

emil35 LawnSite Member

alright here's the deal. Next fall I will be starting college and need some way of paying for it. I have enough accounts to work part time on the weekends currently plus odd jobs and what not as I want when I got extra time. I can't decide if I should try and get the business going to where I can have a crew of say 2 guys working for me during the week, or just say solo. I don't mind the work but sometimes after a week of school, working all weekend doesn't sound much fun but the pay sure is good. What would you do? I had a crew of 3 last summer for a gov'tal bid I won, but since those are low bids I lost it this year but that's okay becasue it didn't pay well anyways, but it at least taught me about employees...they're a pain in the butt, but also needed. Also, since I'm in class all week, I have to turn down quite a few jobs for I cant get them done fast enough or what not. I dunno what to do...anyone got advice? Thanks in advance.

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

At first I thought that you should get a crew going. But to get one started up, you have to be able to train them. Being in school all day only leaves a few hours to train a crew. If they are new to the industry, you will be getting complaints for sure.