What to do?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by DustyH, Jul 2, 2007.

1. DustyH

DustyH LawnSite Member

I bought an Exmark lazer Z this past fall. It has about 40 hours on it and was cutting poorly when I mowed bahia with the seed pods sticking up. I contacted Exmark and they said the update kit would be under warranty. So I went to my dealer that I bought it from and they denied that a update kit was available. After several phone calls to their distributer they said they would take care of it. It was in the shop for 3 weeks. The right hand control lever was not engaging until it got about 1/3 the way back when it was hot, it worked fine when it was cold. I would put it in the shop Mon. a.m. and when I went to get it on friday they said they hadn't got to it. Then the next week they admited they didn't know how to work on it, but the dealer rep. was coming to show them how. So I took it back the third time and when I came back and got it they said that the dealer rep checked everything out and said that it was normal for the lever to do that. He showed them how to put the pulleys on and that was it. They didn't put new baffles on it to finish the update kit. It then cut worse than it did before. I contacted Exmark again and they said to take it to a diffrent dealer. I did and it has been in his shop for 2 weeks and he said today that he didn't know when he could get to it. I have some angry customers that want their yards mowed, but my mower has been in the shop for 5 weeks now. Any suggestions?
  2. DustyH

DustyH LawnSite Member

Update! After two more trips and 3 weeks I have the update kit on. They cut the old baffles of and done some welding and now I have a deck with the paint burned off the top. Pump still isn't fixed, but after calling the Exmark customer service and them telling me to contact the distributer rep. I was told that they would touch up the deck and put a new pump on for my troubles when I talked to the rep. I would just like a refund so I can be rid of Exmark.
  3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

My apologizes for your underperforming Exmark. How is the quality of cut w/ the appropriate updates?

4. DustyH

DustyH LawnSite Member

I have only used it 1 time in bahaia. It seemed to do better, but the grass is so dry around here it hasn't growed enough to tell. I did meet with the rep today and he determined that it was the wheel motor on the right side. He also said that he would check on replacing the deck shell to get rid of the burned up deck from welding.