What to do?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Flow Control, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

We replaced a 1hp pump in early June for a HOA, price $1777 include spring start up and replaced a few nozzles, then someone was digging in the area and must of nicked the electrical feed to the pump. So we were then asked to move the pump (piping only) for another $350 (they wanted it moved away from its current location to higher ground) which we have billed out and they would have "their" electrician fix the electrical problem, then the electrical gets fixed and since we only piped the pump in the electrician decides to wire the pump for us. Usually that is a nice gesture but he did not know how to wire it in properly and caused the pump to freeze. I send two guys out to get it up and running (did not know that the pump froze) and $250 later here we are with a $1777 frozen pump, $600 in unpaid invoices and an electrician that does not want to here that he wired the pump in wrong and caused its failure. We did take pics of how the electrician wired the pump wrong, but I have a feeling that its going to be really hard to convince the HOA that it is not our fault and I have $600 in outstanding invoices with them, the pump is around $300. Should I just replace the pump and collect my $600 or stick to my :gunsfirin and say pay me my $600 and let the electrician replace the pump. Which will basically mean I will never see the $600 and who knows what will happen with the pump.

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

3. Stick to guns. Keep the communication going. Make the electrician look dumber and dumber. Show the HOA how competent you are and incompetent the electrician is. Offer a new pump at cost plus a break on the install. Make the electrician everbodies public enemy no 1. Repeat after me: Stupid Electrician Stupid Electrician Stupid Electrician Stupid Electrician Stupid Electrician Stupid Electrician

4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Is the pump under warantee?

How did he wire it, was it on a pressure switch setup or a PSR?

Its not hard to wire up the pump itself.

5. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Should find out in next 48hrs, I do know the electrician wire it in wrong< how I do not know since I have yet to see the pics and I was not there. On com jobs we have had electricians wire our timers in wrong twice this summer. Instead of wiring in for 120 they wire in for 240.