what to do

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ein999, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ein999

ein999 LawnSite Member

im in a not so good position. i want to begin wowing lawns but have no money to begin with.

i said to myself that i was not going to borrow money ever again. i would have to borrow from family. I have a trimmer blower and 21" honda but that doesnt seem like its going to work or be enough in so many words. Im broke and I also have no customers to top it off. Thats my straight words.

Im not in a great position. I get a little drained doing this type of work but im going to give it a tri. Hard work will get you drained but thats how the cookie crumbles i guess.

2. Paulup

Paulup LawnSite Senior Member

Borrow some gas money and go door knocking. Worst case scenario you'll find a handful of people willing to pay you 25-30 bucks to push mow their yard and do the weed eating, and can bring in a few hundred bucks to give yourself a real start. You aren't broke if you have access to a mower, you just need to get out there and put it to work.
  3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

you have a mower,trimmer,and blower. what are you waiting for? nows the time to start getting your name out there. go to vistaprint.com and get 250 bus. cards for free, shipping is under $10. pass them out, go door-to-door and try and get some customers.

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

Get A Job , Work For Someone Hard 2 Start In This Buss. With No Money And Yards Hard 2 Come By This Year........
  5. ein999

ein999 LawnSite Member

getting a job and working hard didnt work for me i think i need to borrow and start with a 60" mower not a 21".
  6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I hope you're a troll.

If you think this isn't going to be harder than getting a job for someone else, then ...............
  7. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

your not going to get anywhere with that mindset.
  8. ein999

ein999 LawnSite Member

why? you think i should go push lawns with a 21" mower when i can do ten times the work in little time. i think 85% of the people on here are not using a 21" why should i. Why should i have to spend more time doing something life is not long enough to spend a year building business. i mean i dont mind doing it on small lawns but 1/2 acre and up ell be spining wheels dont you agree.
  9. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Why do you feel you need a 60" mower..with no customers and obviously no clue...:confused:....do your homework....if you were serious you would take the equipment you have and use it......quit complaining :cry:and handle your business!!!
  10. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

But why stop at a 60"??

Don't you also need a new diesel truck with airconditioning?? This way not only can you get to the lawns faster, but you'll be cooled down so you can do them more efficiently.

Also, since you're already going to borrow the money, might as well get a 28' enclosed trailer, so you can haul 2 ZTRs, in case one breaks, plus a 36" walk behind to get into gated back yards, as well as a couple of 21" mowers so you can get into even tighter spaces.

Also, you'll have enough room to carry a Ride-on spreader/sprayer, so you can do your fertilizing and spraying at the same time you're there to service the other stuff on the property, doing it faster, with less expense, since you don't have to make another trip.

After all, it's just borrowing a little money.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.