What to do?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by humble1, Jun 9, 2008.

1. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

What do you do for work when its 90 plus for days. Cant fert, cant squirt, cant spray trees or shrubs, Round up apps are good but Who has weeks worth of that?
    I was thinking of doing some tick control 0-0-7 but pushing a spreader when its in the mid 90's I think Id rather get a root canal without pain killer.;)

2. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Sprinkler systems. Start work EARLY in the day before it gets too hot or in the evening when the sun isn't so dang hot

3. group501

group501 LawnSite Member

We get out early and are done early. Don't blanket spray weeds. No heavy equipment on lawns. Try and service the lawns that are smaller,have less weeds and possibly more shade.

4. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah, ive been trying to start early and quit a little early,
    ive also been doing alot of organic fert apps, catch up on
    maintaining trucks/equip, and billing/banking/postofficing etc..

looks like just one more day of heatwave here in ma,
    it was 78deg and humid at 7am this morning- nasty

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

The Gordons Surge product is designed for hot weather--the label recommends it up to 90 degrees. I hope it cools off. Humid here. Cool tomorrow and then continued heat--87.

6. group501

group501 LawnSite Member

We use Eliminate which is also good for up to 90 degrees. That being said, the temp on the lawn could be much higher than the air temp. Also, at this time of year the lawns have not had a chance to harden off and are more prone to injury from both chemicals and the weight of equipment.

7. superchad

superchad LawnSite Member

When I worked for the national company I use to work for they would have us go out for the full 8 hours. They didn't care. I tell my guys to get out early and get done early. They still think I'm a s--thead.