What to do?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by leftyjoe, Jun 21, 2013.

1. leftyjoe

leftyjoe LawnSite Member

I recently bought a Turf Tiger 61" with the 29hp EFI Kohler. When I researched the mower the scag literature said it was a 12mph machine and the website said it was a 10.5mph machine. I definitely wanted a 12mph mower and the dealer assured me it was. I was skeptical so I called the dealer and asked if he was sure, he said he checked with scag and that it was indeed rated for 12. I sent scag an e-mail asking them myself and they told me it was a 10.5 machine. Now I know 1.5 mph is no great difference but the fact remains that I was sold the mower I did not want. Now i'm regretting buying the thing at all. Any suggestions? What would you do?

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Use your GPS and see how fast it goes.

3. leftyjoe

leftyjoe LawnSite Member

I did. 10.3mph.

4. leftyjoe

leftyjoe LawnSite Member

The scag rep assured me it is a 10.5 mower. Not what I wanted. The dealer either lied or was misinformed. Either way it sucks for me.

5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Do you have any paper work that says the mower will go 12 MPH?

I guess you could take in in for warranty repair because its too slow???

6. LBOperator

LBOperator LawnSite Member

I would be mad as heck, especially with how much that dang thing costs. I would try to take it back and tell him in a nice way he lied to me. That's just ridiculous, it makes me mad because that is a very expensive piece of equipment.

7. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Typical salesman...I usually find I know more than the dealers do.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. leftyjoe

leftyjoe LawnSite Member

Yeah I'm quite pissed. I told the rep I felt like I was duped. I'm waiting for his response. I told him I didn't want to take it to court but that I would like restitution. The scag pamphlet says it is 12mph. What's worse is the dealer assuring me that it was. I dont know what to do. I could have afforded any engine option I wanted but he sold me on the Kohler.

9. leftyjoe

leftyjoe LawnSite Member

Good Idea.

10. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

If it makes you feel any better the TT is one heck of a machine. I have personally operated some with over 4000 hours. They are tough! Sounds like the cheetah should have been sold to you.
    Posted via Mobile Device